One of the most important decisions to make when moving is the choice between hiring a professional moving company
or taking care of the moving process on your own. While moving alone is often cheaper than hiring a moving company
, there are many drawbacks. The following rules will help you make the right choice between hiring a professional moving company and moving yourself.
- Prioritize among factors of time, budget and schedule.
- Calculate the number and weight of the items that you have to move to San Diego. This will help you get a better understanding of what the moving process will entail.
- Distance of move, moving truck size, rental time, gas and mileage. Once you have calculated these factors, it will give you a better idea of the price differences between your options.
- Get at least three different in-home estimates from reputable moving companies. Estimates can vary drastically between moving companies depending on your location, size and distance of move, and current market prices.
- Ask yourself: How much time will it take you to pack, relocate, and unload your items? If DIY moving is less expensive, compare the time you will spend moving yourself with the amount that you will save if you choose to go that route.
- San Diego moving companies can usually pack items more efficiently and effectively. This can help you avoid damaging your belongings during the move.
- Be sure you're in good physical health if you decide to move yourself. Moving requires heavy lifting and hours, if not days, of work.
Remember, moving into a new home
can be an enjoyable experience!