Take it from us, your San Diego moving
experts - moving can either be very easy, or a complete headache. Avoiding the common mistakes outlined below can save you a ton of hassle, reduce expenditures, and simplify and otherwise difficult endeavor.
- Mistake #1: Picking the moving company that offers the lowest price. Many of these companies are offering sub par services at a reduced rate. Avoid having to replace broken possessions by hiring a moving company that will care for your valuables and get the job done right.
- Mistake #2: Getting moving quotes over the phone: A moving company cannot give you an accurate estimate over the phone. Have them take the time to come out to your house and go over your inventory with you.
- Mistake #3: Not seeking estimates from multiple moving companies. Shop around a bit - it could save you a ton of money! Seek out estimates from at least three moving companies.
- Mistake #4: Not researching the moving company. Go online and search for customer reviews for your San Diego moving company. If they are a quality company, their online reviews will reflect that.
- Mistake #5: Not planning ahead. Choose a time of year that makes sense for your moving needs. For example, moving across the state of Nevada in the heat of the summer would be much more difficult than moving in the spring or fall.
- Mistake #6: Not asking about extra fees that you may be charged.
- Mistake #7: Not asking the right questions. Are they are registered with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration?
- Mistake #8: Not checking with the Better Business Bureau on the mover's complaint record
- Mistake #9: Not informing the mover of any unusual situations that they may run into before the move.
- Mistake #10: Forgetting to keep track of the different moving estimates your receive.