Depending on where you live, or where you are moving to, you may need to plan ahead to have enough allowed parking space for the moving truck and for the loading/unloading process.
Research parking permits for moves as soon as you know when your move is happening. You may have to request permits or make plans within a certain amount of time so familiarizing yourself with requirements ahead of time can ensure you are prepared on the day of your move.
You don’t want to get a ticket or have to walk blocks to load your belongings on the day of your move. Here are some tips to ensure you know what to expect and have the appropriate plans in place for parking.
- Research parking permits for moves, especially if you live in or are relocating to a downtown area or other urban area.
- If you are moving to or from a school, research their requirements for parking during a move.
- Check local guidelines for parking permit requirements.
- Make sure to check alternative names for parking permits, such as occupancy permits, moving van permits and encroachment permits.
- Obtain your permits within the required timeframe.
- Communicate any requirements or restrictions to your moving company.