How Donating Your Unwanted Items Changes Lives
May 17, 2021
Atlas Transfer & Storage Co. is proud to be a member of the Allied Van Lines network. We are connected throughout the world with partner organizations, making it easier and more efficient to move clients anywhere they need.
As a family-owned, community-oriented moving company serving the San Diego area and beyond, our team is pleased to take part in a long-term partnership between Allied Van Lines and The Salvation Army.
Making a Difference
No matter the situation, your local, long-distance or international move is a great time to part with gently used items you no longer need. Whether you’re a residential or corporate client, everyone can benefit from decluttering the house or office when it’s time to relocate.
You have three options for your unwanted belongings:
- Throw them away (no benefit)
- Give them away (some benefit)
- Donate them (substantial benefit)
A donation of these items to a Salvation Army Family Store not only makes your moving plan easier, but it also changes lives and restores families.
The Salvation Army assists people with prolonged alcohol and drug dependence at TSA Adult Rehabilitation Centers. They have the largest “no fee” network of rehabilitation centers in the nation and will help anyone in need.
Your donation gives someone (or possibly multiple people) a new beginning. Every item that is repurposed and sold at a Salvation Army Family Store directly funds the organization’s rehabilitation programs so those in need have access to housing, food, counseling, employment programming, and other crucial resources.
How to Donate
Allied Van Lines & The Salvation Army are ready to help you coordinate a simple and safe pick-up process.
See just how easy a pick-up is by viewing our video!
You can schedule your pick up for gently used clothing, furniture and other items in just five steps:
- Go to SATruck.org and enter your zip code to find the closest TSA pickup service.
- Choose your unwanted, gently used items that you will donate.
- Select a pick-up date and provide the TSA driver with any special instructions they may need.
- Select Allied Van Lines as the referral source.
- Provide your personal contact information and location. Press “submit” to confirm.
Alternatively, you can call 1-800-SA-TRUCK (1-800-728-7825) to schedule a pickup. The Salvation Army also welcomes financial donations and is grateful for your support.
The “Triple Benefit”
Your donation has the potential to make a difference and you’ll receive benefits from giving back:
- A donation to The Salvation Army is tax-deductible. View the Donation Value Guide to better determine the approximate tax-deductible value of items that are commonly donated.
- Your donation of items before a move will reduce the weight and packing of your shipment, saving you more on moving costs.
- You’re helping those in need and will be making a positive impact on those who depend on TSA drug and rehabilitation centers for assistance.
Work with the Salvation Army and Allied Van Lines to make your move easier and help a worthy cause during your relocation.
Your Community Moving and Storage Company
Assisting those in need is at the core of everything we do. Atlas Transfer & Storage Co. has been helping families and corporate organizations move to and from the San Diego area since 1925. We are proud to be an Allied Van Lines agent, working with a larger network that shares our values.
If you need assistance with moving and storage and would like to donate to The Salvation Army while doing so, we can help. Contact us today for more information and to receive a free moving quote. You can also learn more about our services by giving us a call at 1-858-513-3800.